Ready to satisfy your chocolate dessert cravings in one healthy recipe? These are by far the best alternative to Brownies I’ve ever had.
They taste dense and moist and the added chocolate chip and walnut give you something to dream about!
Ever since I found this recipe the dessert has been a staple in my house.
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted (or 2tbs butter)
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder (or carob powder)
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup gluten-free/dairy-free chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup chopped raw walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place beans, eggs, coconut oil, cacao powder, salt, vanilla and maple syrup in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- One blended gently stir in your chocolate chips and walnuts (option to sub out either or sprinkle the walnuts on top of the brownie batter once you pour it into the pan.)
- Transfer mixture into an 8×8 greased prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until brownies are set in the center and a toothpicks comes out clean.
- Cool completely, cut into squares and enjoy!
Makes 9 servings
Black Bean Brownies last 3-5 days in the fridge…
If you don’t eat them all in one sitting 😉