Spaghetti Squash Recipe
The hardest part of keto is missing out on pasta.
Luckily, I found this low carb dish and quickly incorporated it into my weekly rotation. This spaghetti squash recipe is a perfect gluten-free dish for spring.
Spaghetti squash is a hands-off meal that you can make in an hour, while you’re busy doing more important things!
Cooking Methods: Oven
1. Cut your squash in half and lather it in salt, pepper and olive oil.
2. Place it face-up in the oven and set the oven to 475 degrees.
3. Bake for 45 minutes.
4. Take out of the oven and put 1/2 cup of sautéed bacon and 3 cloves of sautéed garlic into the middle of the squash.
5. Bake for another 10-20 minutes.
6. Pull it out, stir it up, garnish with parsley and serve!
Why Should I Bother?
If you have access to a quality veggie stand or have a farmers market aroun,d then you have the perfect reason for trying out this dish.
Instead of buying a bag of carb-heavy dried-pasta, you can pick up one of these spaghetti squashes for cheap and you have damn near everything you need!
When I first tried this, I forgot to put parchment paper down below the squash and it made cleaning a bit of a pain, but that cooking sheet is the only dish that you use!
The amount of vitamins and minerals that we are able to get into our bodies through these root vegetables are incredible. You are going to feel light even after filling yourself up on one or two of these squash scrumptious bowls!